The following document describes the process involved in using both the SOAP/XML based API as well as its corresponding RESTful form. All calls are available using both methods. It is assumed that the reader is familiar with XML based web services including WSDL (Web Services Descriptor Language) files, and/or RESTful APIs. Only a basic understanding of Java is necessary as the example code is minimal and not complicated.
Currently there are three parts to the API:
● API Coverage area list, providing a general idea of the things that can be done with the API
● A querying tutorial that provides detail around making calls to the API
● Current planned API call list with descriptions
This document should be considered an early rough draft, meant to illustrate how the API will work and what type of functionality will be exposed in the final version.
API Coverage Areas
The following is a breakdown of planned functionality that will be covered in the API. Each bullet point will not necessarily map to a single API call, but rather provides a general indication of the intent of the calls. This list is likely to change during development:
○ Get all queries
○ Customize a query's fields, filters, time range, ordering, grouping
○ Execute the query
○ Poll until it’s finished, with progress information
○ Get the paged results for the query
○ Add watchlist
○ Remove watchlist
○ Edit watchlist properties
○ Add/Remove/Update watchlist values – similar to external call today but done through a call as opposed to a file import
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.
Community Help Hub
New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.