cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dade
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

ESM 10.0.1 - All PCI pre-defined views shows empty data - event data of the proper type are present for each device in scope

Hi,

I need to generate views for PCI compliance 10.2.x. related to network and firewall devices (all Cisco IOS and ASA). I have created a group containing all the relevant devices and I can see that all the events are properly parsed using built-in parser for Cisco IOS and Cisco ASA devices. I can see in the parsed events that login/logoff events are present, events related to configuration changes are present and so on, nothing is reported as "unknown event".

If I choose any of the predefined views under Compliance>PCI the result is always an empty dashboard regardless the time frame chosen...(even selecting "All").

I don't expect this to work out-of-the-box but I'm also not expecting to have to start completely from scratch... How can I troubleshoot this issue? Is there a way to see what queries the PCI predefined views do?

1 Reply
abanaru
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: ESM 10.0.1 - All PCI pre-defined views shows empty data - event data of the proper type are present for each device in scope

Click on "Edit Current View" and on the right pane click on "Edit Query". That's now I troubleshoot and investigate views.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community