cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlagojaK
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

ERCELM (Could not update policy - "Error: Could not execute command on device")

Hello,

I am having a strange problem and cannot rollout policy after creating a custom ASP rule for one of my data sources. I get an error: (Could not update policy - "Error: Could not execute command on device") I disabled the rule since that was the obvious thing to do, but still no rollout. I deleted the rule, and again the same thing. After that I tried to remove the problematic data source altogether, but still could not rollout the policy. Stopped/started the receiver, even restarted the whole SIEM still the same problem. Last thing I tried was manual rule update to possibly fix some corrupted rules, and the problem still persists.

Anyone had something similar happen and maybe can share some tips? Because I hit a dead end obviously...

Kind Regards,

Blagoja

1 Reply
erelleke
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: ERCELM (Could not update policy - "Error: Could not execute command on device")

I would look at all your custom rules in policy editor if you bring them up one by one you should be able to find the one causing the issue. It will most likely have a blank field or when you open it will tell you there is an issue with it. If you are having issues please give support a call so one of my colleagues can assist you.

Thank You,
Eric
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community