cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ER242 Invalid name

Following the earlier question, I discovered that the UBA content pack implements pretty well the watchlist I require, so I installed it and hooked it up.

I then worked my way down the list implementing the UBA watchlists, but I had issues with the Server (name and FQDN) lists. Both connect and pull data correctly, but I can't finish and exit, because I get this error:

ER242.PNG

I find no documentation for this, and having pulled the list of servers returned I can't see anything obvious. Has anyone else seen this or the ER242 message?

Cheers, James

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor David1111
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: ER242 Invalid name

Hi

What is the McAfee ESM version you are running ?

I heard that version 11.0 has problems handelimg whatchlists that contain more than 50 values.

It is 11.0.3, but the comment about 50 items is well wide of the mark. We successfully pulled down a list of 20000+ values related to users - it's specifically an issue with the servers.

We think there may actually be an illegally-named server hiding in the list - something with more than 15 characters in the name.

Reliable Contributor David1111
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

could you check if there's a name with non English characters

I think that the new version (11.x) is not supporting other languages besides English.

Smiley Mad

Highlighted

Nope, no visible Unicode characters

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator