cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ER242 Invalid name

Following the earlier question, I discovered that the UBA content pack implements pretty well the watchlist I require, so I installed it and hooked it up.

I then worked my way down the list implementing the UBA watchlists, but I had issues with the Server (name and FQDN) lists. Both connect and pull data correctly, but I can't finish and exit, because I get this error:

ER242.PNG

I find no documentation for this, and having pulled the list of servers returned I can't see anything obvious. Has anyone else seen this or the ER242 message?

Cheers, James

5 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor David1111
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: ER242 Invalid name

Hi

What is the McAfee ESM version you are running ?

I heard that version 11.0 has problems handelimg whatchlists that contain more than 50 values.

It is 11.0.3, but the comment about 50 items is well wide of the mark. We successfully pulled down a list of 20000+ values related to users - it's specifically an issue with the servers.

We think there may actually be an illegally-named server hiding in the list - something with more than 15 characters in the name.

Reliable Contributor David1111
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

could you check if there's a name with non English characters

I think that the new version (11.x) is not supporting other languages besides English.

Smiley Mad

Nope, no visible Unicode characters

Maybe I'm to late for this but if someone else has this error change the name of the watchlist, you have to take out the parenthesis. That solved the problem for me.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community