cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d_j
Level 7

Data Source connecting to a Win10 system not supported????

Jump to solution

Hello, I am trying to create a data source to a Windows 10 system and when I go to test it, I get a Unsupported Version error. I am using the Data Source Model of Windows Event Log - WMI and have tried with RPC checked and unchecked. I have also ensured that the user I am using is a part of the administrators, DCOM, and event log group as specified here -> https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/25000/PD25083/en_US/.... Below is the window that pops up. How anyone got this working on Windows 10? If so, please assist. By the way, I am on v9.5 MR8. Thanks in advance.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yassinezeroual
Level 10

Re: Data Source connecting to a Win10 system not supported????

Jump to solution

The best way to fix the problem is to install SIEM collector, after installing the SIEM collector, it will send the Windows event log in encrypted format which is secure for you.

This will solve the problem of uncompatibility for the Windows 10.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
xded
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi, take a look on this KB article: KB86511 you need to be logged in, in the support Center.

0 Kudos
d_j
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you but I don't have a grant number to be able to register/login. Is there any other way to get it?

0 Kudos
yassinezeroual
Level 10

Jump to solution

The best way to fix the problem is to install SIEM collector, after installing the SIEM collector, it will send the Windows event log in encrypted format which is secure for you.

This will solve the problem of uncompatibility for the Windows 10.

0 Kudos
d_j
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks. Is the only way to get the SIEM collector is through the McAfee site? I am a small subset of an extremely large organization and it would be nearly impossible for me to get it through my company.

0 Kudos
xded
Level 12

Jump to solution

d_j wrote:

Thanks. Is the only way to get the SIEM collector is through the McAfee site?

Yes, this is the only official way.

0 Kudos
d_j
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks. I got a hold of the person who manages are account and got the collector. Oddly enough, he had no idea what it was.

0 Kudos
kmc
Level 12

Jump to solution

does SIEM supports windows 10 now??

0 Kudos
sssyyy
Level 12

Jump to solution

It does, you will need version 9.6.1 at least to support windows 10 and server 2016.

0 Kudos