cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
socgt
Level 7

Configuring SIEM Agent on Linux machines

Hello Experts,

I want to have your suggestions regarding the configuring of SIEM Agent on Linux based machines.

What type agent is installed and configured on Linux Systems, from where I can download it and what is its configuration procedure.

Thank you

Faizan

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Configuring SIEM Agent on Linux machines

Moved to SIEM forum for a better chance of an answer.

0 Kudos
kmc
Level 12

HI Never got chance to do this one

Hope this help you and let me know outcome once you finish.

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/25000/PD25440/en_US/...

0 Kudos
socgt
Level 7

Hello ,

Thanks for the Mcafee Guide I'll follow this up and post the outcomes.

Thanks

Faizan

0 Kudos
abanaru
Level 11

You have to set Data Retrieval to MEF in ESM and please be advised that you can only tail files with the Linux Collector.

Configuration file for version 11 is located in /opt/McAfee/siem/mcafee_siem_collector.conf

Readme file is located in /usr/share/doc/mcafee-siem-collector-11.00.4150/readme.txt

If you are concerned about confidentiality of events then go for the Collector, if not... stay for plain SYSLOG.

0 Kudos
socgt
Level 7

Hello ​,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have successfully configured the Event Collector using the method suggested by you on CentOS but the package for Debian does not seems to installing.

I am posting the error below.

Can you please suggest any solution for this.

Thanks

Faizan

Error.png

0 Kudos
abanaru
Level 11

The installation script is trying to start the service and it fails. I'm not 100% sure but it might have been installed anyway.

Can you check with "dpkg -l | grep mcafee" ?

0 Kudos
abanaru
Level 11

Also, you might want to install version 11. It should be available in your grant number.

0 Kudos
socgt
Level 7

I have updated the Event Collector now but facing the same issue also by running the command shows that the event collector is installed.

Error.png

0 Kudos
abanaru
Level 11

OK. Update the configuration file (/opt/McAfee/siem/mcafee_siem_collector.conf) and try starting the service manually with systemctl start mcafee_siem_collector and verify with systemctl status mcafee_siem_collector.

0 Kudos