Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jp
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Configure NFS Share as DataSource

I am trying to use a NFS share as a Datasource but I cannot seem to get it to work. 

I already have multiple Watchlists reading from my NFS share so I know everything is configure correctly and can talk. 

However, when I go to test connection to the NFS share from the "Add Data Source" menu I get this error:

"NotOk mount.nfs: No such process"

Does NFS work differently from the datasource menu for some reason? Why would this work perfectly from a watchlist but fail here? 

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor David1111
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Configure NFS Share as DataSource

could be that from your ESM the NFS ports are open 

but you need to open from the Receiver to the NFS \ data source as well.

Best Regards👍👍👍

David.

jp
Level 9
Message 3 of 4

I have checked my FW logs and I am not any NFS traffic. I almost wonder if there the NFS service needs to be started on the Receiver.

Wonder if this is something I can configure/check from the UI? 

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor brenta
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I'd suggest not having the receiver connect to NFS to retrieve data. From a security perspective you are basically creating more systems that have access to other systems, in general this should be avoided if at all possible.

I'm assuming your logs are on some sort of linux system because you are speaking of NFS. Look at the rsyslog package, included in (almost?) all of the major *nix distributions. It provides excellent methods for sending data via syslog over udp or tcp, and reading from files, managing all of the bookmarking internally and transparently.

Brent
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator