cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Cannot connect to a host to retrieve logs

I cannot connect to a host to retrieve logs using SCP. I receive the following error: NotOk Testing for directory /var/opt/ericsson/smrsstore/CORE/EVENT/GMSC/AUB1GSP/ALOG failed.

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Reliable Contributor akerr
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: Cannot connect to a host to retrieve logs

Check for more detailed errors on the receiver where the data source is applied.  Could be an incorrect username/password, or perhaps strick host checking is on.

It is not an incorrect username/password. I know how that error looks like. This is the error: NotOk cannot list /var/opt/ericsson/smrsstore/CORE/EVENT/GMSC/AUB1GSP/ALOG. It is a SCP File Retrieval. I have tried from CLI to SCP the files and it is working. But from the GUI I receive the above error. Is there a place where I can find more detailed log? Where should I be looking for them?

Thanks

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 8

The web interface does not provide accurate error messages in a lot of cases.  

When you try from the CLI, what CLI?  The ESM, receiver?  Are you running a combo box?

On the receiver, look for errors relating to what you're trying to do in /var/log

I have a VM actualy. You can say a combo box. Yes from the ESM/receiver CLI I am trying the SCP and it is working.

I have looked in /var/log/ for some errors relating to my error, but I have found nothing. Maybe I am looking in a wrong place. Is there a special log for SCP File Retrieval?

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Doesn't really matter if it's a VM or not.  I'm not sure if you mean it is a combo box or not.  Is it a combination ESM & Rec?

If so, I'd try grepping for the hostname/ip of the remote server you're trying to collect logs from.

What do the logs on the remote device say?

Yes, it is a combination of ESM and Rec.

I have grepped for the IP when I issued the connect test button and nothing:

# tail -f /var/log/*.* | grep 10.192.40.1
tail: /var/log/sshtunneld.log: file truncated

On the remote device I do not have permissions to access the log files.

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 8

tail -f will only give you the last 10 lines or so of a file.

Just do something like grep 10.192.40.1 /var/log/*

ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.