Did you mean: 
Mayhaps
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Can't See Sub-Zones

Jump to solution

Hi,

I've established a parent/overall zone that includes devices from a receiver. I've also created multiple sub-zones in the Asset Manager that has defined IP ranges. However, when going into the Zone Display, I'm only seeing the parent/overall zone. The sub-zones are not visible. Looking for some assistance to be able to see sub-zones.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pbpillai
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 8

Re: Can't See Sub-Zones

Jump to solution
7 Replies
SSSSYYYY
Level 10
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

there should be a plus icon which you can expand and see all the subzones.

Mayhaps
Level 9
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

I do see the plus icon, and when I do expand it, I see the list of devices that I assigned to the parent zone. I do not see anything regarding the sub-zone.

Mayhaps
Level 9
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Bump

pbpillai
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Mayhaps
Level 9
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, when I made the change the rollout prompt came up and changes were rolled out to the receiver.

The Zone display is the area in the upper left hand corner, there is a drop down that shows the different types of display (e.g., Physical, Zone). I click on Zone, it shows the parent Zone, but when I click on the plus sign to expand it, it shows all of the devices that were assigned to the parent receiver and no mention of the Sub-Zones I defined (using just IP address ranges) are to be found.

I have checked the receivers, which state the correct parent zone. *** When I go to the devices that should be part of the Sub-Zones, which are defined by IP address ranges, in the properties -> advanced window they show the parent Zone, and not the Sub-Zone.

What screenshot would be most helpful?

pbpillai
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Mayhaps
Level 9
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you for your response. Is it possible to set up alarms (inactive device for example), based off of sub-zones?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community