cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can I use ResizeVMVolume on ELM VM?

Can I use ResizeVMVolume on ELM VM to enlarge data disk that has ELMDB and raw data? Not the sda or disk0 OS disk?

Internal team increased size for disk 1 (contains ELMDB and storage pool), but ELM can't detect in storage device, VM Local tab. 

I know the proper way is to add new space as an additional disk, no on top of another one.

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Can I use ResizeVMVolume on ELM VM?

mmm. apparently not. 😞

McAfee-ELM-VM4 ~ # ResizeVmVolume sdb
ResizeVmVolume[3375]: Checking that this is a VM...
ResizeVmVolume[3375]: Checking that disk is mounted in a known location...
ResizeVmVolume[3375]: NotOk: Can only resize drives that are mounted on one of: /, /db1, /db2, /ss1
NotOk: Can only resize drives that are mounted on one of: /, /db1, /db2, /ss1
McAfee-ELM-VM4 ~ # 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can I use ResizeVMVolume on ELM VM?

Correct, at this point in time the ResizeVmVolume script does not resize additional ELM disks.  Please raise a product idea - this will help to show the customer need for this improvement to the script.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community