cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIFS file Source Data Retrieval Always Behind

Hi Everyone,

We Have CIFS data source and every 5 minutes new log files are written to shared folder.

Capture.PNG

Our Data Source copies and deletes files.

Untitled.png

It is now behind 10-12 hours to copy and delete logs. If we don't do anything the gap increases.

As you can see in first  screenshot the log files are 100-200 KB and it shouldn't be hard for McAfee SIEM to copy and delete all of it in once. 

I wrote a script that every 5 minutes take all the log files and make 1 log file. This time SIEM doesn't copy and delete that file. Log file stay in folder and data source show yellow flag after some time and doesn't take the file. The file was 70 MB and it shouldn't be more than 10 seconds to copy and delete that file in our environment.

I couldn't solve the problem. Can you help me?

Thanks.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community