cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error found when hit an Interface button on Receiver properties.

Jump to solution

Hi Guys,

Hardware appliance is a gen4 5600 model running all-in-one ESMLM software version 9.1.3.

Receiver was populated automatically on NitroView.

I did try configure a Windows WMI data source. Found that it can pull events from Windows. So I assume ESM can communicate and apply configuration to Receiver component.

However, when I try to configure ports number used on Receiver an error found when I hit an Interface button. I prevent me from define ports number hence I cannot open Syslog, MEF, SNMP and other ports for log receiving. Any idea?

Please see a screen capture below:

5600-error-when-click-Interface-for-config-port-listening.png

Best regards,

Parinya Ekparinya

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: An error found when hit an Interface button on Receiver properties.

Jump to solution

Parinya,

The message "This Receiver has not been registered. Confiuguration is not allowed until the Receiver has been successfully registered. (ER1152)", indicates that the Receiver has not been keyed from the ESM. In the web interface (ESMI), go to Receiver Properties > Key Management > Key Device.  This will ask you to enter a password. I usually recommend using the same password as the NGCP user. This will key the receiver and register it in the ESM database. Once that is complete, you should be able to setup the interface settings like you were trying to do.

If this does not work for you, please submit a support ticket at mysupport.mcafee.com and we will look at your specific error.

Thanks,

Steve

3 Replies
artek
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi,

try to do policy rollout (Polity Editor\Operation\Rollout).

Best Regards,

Artur

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi Parinya

For specific product problems it is best to open a support ticket at mysupport.mcafee.com.

Regards,

Chris

Jump to solution

Parinya,

The message "This Receiver has not been registered. Confiuguration is not allowed until the Receiver has been successfully registered. (ER1152)", indicates that the Receiver has not been keyed from the ESM. In the web interface (ESMI), go to Receiver Properties > Key Management > Key Device.  This will ask you to enter a password. I usually recommend using the same password as the NGCP user. This will key the receiver and register it in the ESM database. Once that is complete, you should be able to setup the interface settings like you were trying to do.

If this does not work for you, please submit a support ticket at mysupport.mcafee.com and we will look at your specific error.

Thanks,

Steve