cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Alarm condition to exclude IP in time of day

Jump to solution

Hello,

I use some of the preconfigured alarms in McAfee ESM, specifically IPS CHECK NORM EXPLOIT, which seems to work very well. Now, however, a VA service has been started by an external company that performs a scan in a specific time slot. What I would like to do is exclude that IP only in the hours from which the VA is scheduled. I created a correlation rule where I filter TIME OF DAY XX: XX and SOURCE IP (L'ip del VA). I then added the signature ID to the IPS CHECK NORM EXPLOIT alarm. In your opinion could it work? I inserted the filter on the signature with the logical operator AND.

Thanks in advance: D

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Alarm condition to exclude IP in time of day

Jump to solution

Dear Customer,

According to the changes you have performed, the IPS CHECK NORM EXPLOIT alarm will only get triggered if a correlated event is generated during the specified time of the day for the respective VA Source IP.

The alarm will not get generated for the rest of the devices as well as during the other times other than the specified time.

The best way to modify the IPS CHECK NORM EXPLOIT field match alarm is as per the attached screenshot without adding a correlation rule Signature ID.

In this way the IPS CHECK NORM EXPLOIT field match alarm will get triggered during any time of the day & will not get triggered for the specified time of the day for the VA IP as we have mentioned Source IP Not in VA IP address during the specified time of the day.

Regards,

Prashanth B Pillai

McAfee Technical Support

Customer Success Group

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Dear Customer,

According to the changes you have performed, the IPS CHECK NORM EXPLOIT alarm will only get triggered if a correlated event is generated during the specified time of the day for the respective VA Source IP.

The alarm will not get generated for the rest of the devices as well as during the other times other than the specified time.

The best way to modify the IPS CHECK NORM EXPLOIT field match alarm is as per the attached screenshot without adding a correlation rule Signature ID.

In this way the IPS CHECK NORM EXPLOIT field match alarm will get triggered during any time of the day & will not get triggered for the specified time of the day for the VA IP as we have mentioned Source IP Not in VA IP address during the specified time of the day.

Regards,

Prashanth B Pillai

McAfee Technical Support

Customer Success Group

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you for your answer 😄

I'll try that and i'll let you know

Best Regards

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community