cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ASP Parsing Errors: unexpected ':' @ [ xxxx - xxxx]

Have anyone seen this error?

I copied a ASP rule and when attempting to modify that, encountering above error.

I was able to create a new an ASP rule but after that when attempted to change name etc., receiving this error again.

Thank you.

Regards.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: ASP Parsing Errors: unexpected ':' @ [ xxxx - xxxx]

Hi Suranjitp

I have the same problem. Have you find a way to solve this issue?

Regards.

Highlighted

Hi there,

I have created a new ASP rule and added details manually.

I still encountered this issue when attempted to edit that newly created rule.

Couldn't find the reason behind this error.

Thanks,
Suranjit

Highlighted

Would you happen to be running SIEM 10.0.2 (or 10.0.x perhaps)? I had this same problem, but it's been a while so I'm a bit hazy on its solution.

I believe the problem stopped after upgrading to 10.1.3 [NOTE: Do not upgrade to 10.1.3 -- 10.1.4 or 10.2.0 recommended due to an ACE issue]. Seems like the editor didn't like the colon being in the regex, as I recall. If you got rid of all colons you might be able to modify the rule again, otherwise once you created the rule you couldn't modify it. Also --fun fact-- if you had more than one colon and got rid of the earliest instance, but kept a later instance of it, and tried to save... those xxxx numbers would change to indicate the position of the later colon.

Highlighted

I was running on 10.1.1.

Thanks for the info.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community