Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

ACE configuration documentation

Is there a good source document to use for ACE configuration. I was hoping to find a source to assist in "tuning" the ACE.  How to whitelist an IP or even a user name? I have not been able to find anything yet to develop more in-depth questions but I hope to....

B

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9
Message 2 of 3

Re: ACE configuration documentation

The answer you don't want to hear....

Tuning via whitelisting is pertty much a case-by-case basis. I suggest utilizing varibles within Policy Editor and Watchlists. To "whitelist" your ip or username, you could make a watchlist called "Good Users" and in the correlations that apply, add in an "AND" statement that says Source User (or) Destination user (depending on your rule) is NOT IN Watchlist "Good Users"

-d

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: ACE configuration documentation

I have it currently filtering a specific username out via ACE, Correlation Engine, Setting, Filters then appling the a similar watchlist. My goal is to be able to have four watchlists. Those four being source user, dest. user, source IP, dest. IP so all would be filtered. However, I have not been successful with applying the NOT IN rule for all four of the statements. I not sure on if the filter needs to go And then or WL, or WL, or WL, or WL etc. Still in the testing phase at this time. 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community