Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavA
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

2 Differint ERC's to 1 ESM

Hi, everyone,

I am currently using a COMBO ESM/ERC/ELM as a workspace.
And the company I monitor plans to divide into two different companies.What do you think is the most correct solution?

1- Should i add another RECEIVER to the system, so each company will have a separate  RECEIVER. (Can I add a RECEIVER-ERC to a COMBO environment?!)

2 -is there a solution without A Change in software architecture ?!

Thank you very much! . I appreciate your help!

4 Replies
sssyyy
Level 12
Message 2 of 5

Re: 2 Differint ERC's to 1 ESM

Option 1 *should* work. But it's best to log a support ticket with McAfee Support for confirmation, or standup a ERC-VM and add it for testing purposes.

DavA
Level 9
Message 3 of 5

Thank's sssyyy !
Your Great and good!!!

Highlighted
cly
Level 8
Message 4 of 5

Depends on the legal aspects of the company division - will they end up being two separate entities?  If so, for legal purposes they may require separate ESMs... in your case, that would be a completely separate ESM/ERC/ELM combo - so their data does not intermingle. 

DavA
Level 9
Message 5 of 5

Hi CLY:

Thanks so much for your response! It was an interesting angle I had not thought of.

But for us it will not pose a legal problem, and my managers prefer it to remain under one ESM

(probably the money is talking here .... Smiley Happy Smiley Very Happy

Thankws again

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.