cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rootkit Remover - enhanced ZeroAccess Removal Capabilities

SamSwift
Level 12
4 6 1,452

A new version of RootkitRemover is now available : http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/free-tools/rootkitremover.aspx

The new version contains some excellent ZeroAccess removal features.

We very much  value your feedback, so please do let us know if you use the tool and if it solved your issue.

Thanks!

6 Comments
sol
Level 9
0 0 1,452

Thank you!  I have been waiting for an update for this.

medline
Level 7
0 0 1,452

Finally worked, got rid of ZeroAccess, tried Kaspersky TDSSKiller and Symantec FixZeroAccess without success, running Win7 SP1 64-bit, thanks.

kathyk
Level 7
0 0 1,452

Hi, not much good to me.  I virus won't let me download the virus remover so that I can try to remove the virus!  Back to square 1.

kevinriedel
Level 7
0 0 1,452

I downloaded the rootkitremover and ran it. After scanning, It said no trojans or viruses found. But I'm still getting the trojan removed popups from McAfee. Whats going on? Do i still have the trojan?

mvalentino
Level 7
0 0 1,452

Didn't work for me.  Only thing that finally removed zeroaccess rootkit virus was RogueKiller followed by ComboFix.  Sorry McAffee.  Overall, I like your virus protection and removal.  But when it comes to this nasty virus, your rootkit remover flunked.

Reliable Contributor Troja
Reliable Contributor
0 0 1,452

Hi,

is it possible to get a list which Rootkits are detected by the Rootkit Remover?

Cheers

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community