cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to migrate from legacy to MWG Cloud - As Hybrid user

I'm trying to migrate over to Web Gateway Cloud Services/Cloud ePO and not sure where I need to go next. Here's what we currently have:

On-Prem ePO - we are going to continue using this

Previously we were using mcafeesaas.com portal and Directory Services Connector (DSC). Now DSC is no longer support with our version of ePO

McAfee Client Proxy

Here is what I have done so far:

Signed up for ePO cloud at manage.mcafee.com

Synced our backup MWG (as a test) to the ePO cloud. I have verified that it's syncing properly in the ePO Cloud > Policy Management

I created a test MCP policy on our On-Prem ePO. I changed the Proxy servers to our new SaaS address using our new Cstomer ID from Cloud ePO

Applied the test MCP policy to my test machine.

I am not getting filtered. I am not getting blocked and I'm not showing a SaaS IP at whatismyip.com

What am I missing for my test?

4 Replies
McAfee Employee jscholte
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Trying to migrate from legacy to MWG Cloud - As Hybrid user

Hi Nate,

In the MCP policy, did you upload the shared secret? Also, if you look at the About dialog for MCP does it show as redirecting?

In ePO Cloud, you will need to Export the MCP Customer Credentials:

Then import them into your ePO on-premise:

You can find MCP About, from the Start menu by typing MCP:

It's important to keep in mind that just because you have "your" proxy set (c1111111.saasprotection.com), it doesn't mean you get filtered by your policy. The customer credentials are what route your requests to the correct policy.

In your case it doesnt sound like your even getting filtered though, so something else might be going on -- I'm hoping the About dialog will help.

Best Regards,

Jon

Highlighted

Thanks for the Response Jon!

I just exported my shared password to be sure it was done. I'm still not having any luck.

The About MCP shows:

Connection Status: No connectivity

EspMode: OFF

Everything else seems to be accurate and up to date.

McAfee Employee jscholte
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Can you telnet to the proxy (i.e. establish a connection)?

telnet c111111.saasprotection.com 8080

telnet c111111.saasprotection.com 80

Do you have MCP set to "Always redirect" or "Redirect When"? You'll want "Always redirect" for testing.

If MCP cannot reach the proxy, it wont redirect (like if your firewall is blocking 8080 connections) -- based on the message "No connectivity" thats what it sounds like.

Best Regards,

Jon

McAfee Employee tpollok
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Hi

could you also let us know which version of MCP you are using? As John already mentioned at the moment your issues is a connectivity issue to the cloud proxys. Depending on the Version of MCP it is also possible that the captive portal check is failing. If this check is failing MCP will switch to No connectivity and will not redirect traffic.

Regards,

Thomas

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community