Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slizka
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Active Directory Connector installation guide

Hi,

Could somebody point me to ADC installation guide/documentation? I'd like to make some group based policy for cloud web gateway, but can't find any documentation for the ADC.

Thanks.

Br. Ales

7 Replies
slizka
Level 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Active Directory Connector installation guide

Oh shoot... Just found some docs in yet another place(unbelievable how many portals does mcafee have) and sounds pretty bad.

There's mentioned that:

Before you set up your AD Connectors:

• You must have these systems managed by McAfee ePO Cloud.

So is it not possible to have this when clients are managed by on-premise ePO?

Br. Ales

McAfee Employee jscholte
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 8

Hi Slizka,

That is correct, the AD Connector must be managed by ePO Cloud in order to sync AD attributes with your ePO Cloud account.

I noticed though that you've posted in the MWG forum as well. Are you using Web Hybrid or Pure Web Gateway Cloud Service?

If you're using Web Hybrid, there is less of a need for the AD Connector.

PS there is a lot of portals but there is efforts to consolidate and unify searching

Best Regards,

Jon

Highlighted
slizka
Level 7
Message 4 of 8

Hi Jon,

For proxy it's pure cloud, but we have local on-premise ePO through which we manage endpoints.

Br. Ales

McAfee Employee jscholte
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

Ok that makes sense. Then you will need at least one server managed by ePO Cloud for the AD connector, the AD connector can then talk to multiple domains if needed.

The purpose of the AD connector (as it relates to WGCS) is to upload groups to ePO, so you dont have to type them in manually.

If you were to type them in manually, you can do so by typing the group prefaced with the domain, so: DOMAIN\GroupName

It will then appear in the User Groups Catalog as: GroupName (DOMAIN). Some people prefer this over having a separately managed server just for uploading groups.

Hope this helps!

Jon

slizka
Level 7
Message 6 of 8

Thanks Jon for you quick replies.

Do you know if there's some future plan to do this without the ePO Cloud, like having separate app. that would be installed on server without the need to have it managed through ePO Cloud?

For now I'll go with the manual definitions.

Btw. a bit off-topic... I guess it's not possible, at least couldn't find the option, but is it possible to make IP+AD group based policy, in WGCS? Have one customer that would like to restrict access to some site for some AD groups when in corporate network but release this restriction when out-of-office. So far I could come up only with hybrid solution for this.

Br. Ales

McAfee Employee jscholte
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 8

Hi Ales,

At the moment, I'm not sure. I too have asked for it, so you're not alone.

You're correct that Hybrid would be the only solution for that criteria. The ePO cloud is more simplistic in it's configuration.

If you're customer is hesitant about Hybrid due to the need for virtual or on-premise appliances, Beta Web Gateway is now being offered in AWS. I just published a guide on it here:

Best Regards,

Jon

I need also this installation guide . Could your provide the link ?. My setup is AD on premise and ePO cloud. I need to sync users/groups to configure specific policy

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community