cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email connections being blocked and nothing is being done

Jump to solution

Our email server isn't able to connect to a MacAfee filtered email system. From our Exchange Server logs:

"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 208.65.145.2:25"

Currently we are sending from 97.78.84.76 but we need to be able to send from our full subnet ip4:97.78.84.66/28. The McAfee reputation system has us at 'high risk' (but there has been no email sending activity detected since Feb, 2011. Wtf?). We just moved over to this subnet in the past couple of months. I've filled out the McAfee challenge form on Friday but four days later it has not been fixed and nobody has responded.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: email connections being blocked and nothing is being done

Jump to solution

This problem has been solved. It took me an entire week to get it done. To summarize... We first noticed 'Delivery is delayed to recipients or groups' messages. When that occurred to more than one seemingly unrelated domain, I dug in and found that they were using McAfee for email filtering. We weren't on any black list or reputation system except McAfee. I filled out the 'threat feedback' which said 24-48 hrs to be processed. Nothing changed in that time period, no response, nothing. I filled it out again. I then contacted an IT consultant from one of the domains that was rejecting our email. He added our domain as an 'allowed domain'. This didn't work. Finally I came across a support number 1-877-695-6442. They said they were responsible and that in the past they had blocked a full subnet (that included us) at the firewall. (We just acquired our netblock two months ago.) They said to send the info to saas_falsepositives@mcafeesubmissions.com and allow 24 hrs to fix. Communicating with that address fixed the problem.... Email is broken when our small nimble company can get caught up with an 800 pound gorilla like McAfee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Jump to solution

Can you clarify what McAfee product this is about so I can move this to that section? - Moderator

Jump to solution

Our client's email mx records point to 'mxlogic.net', which is 'MX Logic', which is a part of McAfee.  The web pages talks about 'McAfee SaaS Email and Web Security solutions'. Is that enough clues to answer your question?

Jump to solution

OK thanks, have moved it to SaaS.

Jump to solution

This problem has been solved. It took me an entire week to get it done. To summarize... We first noticed 'Delivery is delayed to recipients or groups' messages. When that occurred to more than one seemingly unrelated domain, I dug in and found that they were using McAfee for email filtering. We weren't on any black list or reputation system except McAfee. I filled out the 'threat feedback' which said 24-48 hrs to be processed. Nothing changed in that time period, no response, nothing. I filled it out again. I then contacted an IT consultant from one of the domains that was rejecting our email. He added our domain as an 'allowed domain'. This didn't work. Finally I came across a support number 1-877-695-6442. They said they were responsible and that in the past they had blocked a full subnet (that included us) at the firewall. (We just acquired our netblock two months ago.) They said to send the info to saas_falsepositives@mcafeesubmissions.com and allow 24 hrs to fix. Communicating with that address fixed the problem.... Email is broken when our small nimble company can get caught up with an 800 pound gorilla like McAfee.

View solution in original post

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

So can we consider this thread Answered?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

Yes, thanks.

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

You are quite welcome. I see that a Fellow Moderator has appropriately Marked it so.

All the best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community