cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickskirch
Level 7

Web Filtering not working

Hey folks,

I pushed the clients to the PCs, and then blocked social networking sites.  This didn't stop my test PC from navigating to Facebook.  I then applied a filter to .facebook.com specifically; it did not work as well.  I have followed the directions in the documentation and i am not sure what I am missing.  The client is a Windows 8 PC.  I tried both IE 10 and Chrome.  the client version is 6.02.  At this point I don't know what to do next.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sveerara
Level 10

Re: Web Filtering not working

Hi,

We need the email address associated with the account, in-order to view the configurations which you have done.

Regards,

Sathish.V

0 Kudos
rickskirch
Level 7

Sathish.V

I have PM'd you the address.  Anything?

0 Kudos
sveerara
Level 10

Hi,

We are unable to pull the records with the provided email address, so please provide the Grant which is associated with the account.

Regards,

Sathish.V

0 Kudos
rickskirch
Level 7

When I go to the My Licenses page, in the grant number column, it doesn't show a number.  I don't know if it matters that this subscription is through Cox Communication or not, but I thought I would mention it.  I will PM you the column with the other informaiton.  Maybe you can derive the account from it.

0 Kudos
rickskirch
Level 7

Any update on this?

0 Kudos
sveerara
Level 10

Hi,

We would recommend you to call our Support directly to proceed further.

Please use the below link to get the right number based on the region.

http://www.mcafee.com/in/about/contact-us.aspx#ht=tab-techsupport

Regards,

Sathish.V

0 Kudos