cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update / Reinstall issues - McAfee SaaS

McAfee SaaS has been unable to update automatically for over a week.

Attempts to manually update result in an error message: "Unable to create CAB Installer Object. Agent Service may not be running properly".

Following troubleshooting instructions, I downloaded and ran the McAfee Virtual Technician, which found no issues.

Attempted to uninstall and reinstall all features. Virus and Spyware Protection and Browser Protection uninstalled. Firewall Protection still shows up in Control Panel Add/Remove Programs.  Attempted to run install routine again, and received the following message:

"InstallToPsB

You already have the latest version of McAfee Security-as-a-Service installed. If you still want to replace it with an older version, uninstall the existing product then restart the installation."

Any suggestions? I now have no anti-virus protection running...

2 Replies
ajacobs
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Update / Reinstall issues - McAfee SaaS

Moved to our SaaS area for better attention.

gita
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Update / Reinstall issues - McAfee SaaS

Hi

I understand from your post that, McAfee was not updated properly so you uninstalled and tried to reinstall all the features. But the Firewall Protection is still there in the Control Panel and you not able to proceed with the installation. Please find my suggestions below regarding this issue.

Kindly use the following link to uninstall the McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection traces completely from your computer.

http://vs.mcafeeasap.com/MC/enu/vs40/bin/mvsuninst.exe

You can also use the following article to know, how to remove the McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=kb58779

After removing the McAfee traces completely from your computer, please try to reinstall it and try updating the McAfee.

If you still have any issues in updating the McAfee, please keep us posted so that we can help you with this issue.

Regards
Geetha P

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community