cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstalling Endpoint Security 10

Does anyone know how to cleanly uninstall Endpoint Security 10?  I have been trying to remove the entire suite after being unable to remove the web filtering element.  We tested web protection and found that it doesn't work any better than it did before, which is poorly.  Some exceptions took about 2 days to populate and others simply don't work.

Neither the Windows uninstaller or MVSUninst.exe will remove the product.  I have run MVSUninst.exe a couple times, and after reboot, I see that McAfee firewall and protection services are still running.  That's amazing since everything was supposedly removed.

I have spend hours with McAfee support and they haven't been able to remove it either.

At this point, I'd just like to get rid of McAfee until I can do a fresh install on this machine.  I have spend so much time with McAfee tech support over numerous issues that we are going to migrate to another product.

Any suggestions for a short term fix are appreciated.

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Uninstalling Endpoint Security 10

Uninstalling ENS using the MVSuninst Utility

If Add/Remove Programs does not properly remove ENS, use MVSuninst from the McAfee SecurityCenter as follows:

1. On the client system, log on to McAfee SecurityCenter at: www.mcafeeasap.com.
  2. Click the Utilities tab.
  3. Select the  Optimization section.
  4. Download the Cleanup Utility (MVSuninst.exe).
  5. Select Run.
  6. When the removal is complete, you are prompted to reboot the computer. Click Yes to reboot the client system.

Uninstalling ENS using Automated Removal

To uninstall ENS using Add/Remove Programs do the following:

1. Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs.
  2. If any of the following products are present, click Remove beside the appropriate product:
    • McAfee Virus and Spyware Protection Service
    • McAfee Browser Protection Service
    • McAfee Firewall Protection Service
  3. Wait up to 30 minutes for background architecture files to be removed.
  4. Remove McAfee Agent from Add/Remove Programs (a Windows error message pops up if MA cannot be removed yet).   

NOTE: Do not try to manually remove the McAfee Agent or products from the registry or by deleting files and folders.

1. Close the Add/Remove Programs window.

The website requires ID/PW. How can we register that account?

Kindly do update whether you were able to uninstall with these steps.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community