cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Protection Activation

I purchased a headless Acer unit with Windows Home Server.

It comes with McAfee Total Protection.

It doesn't have ACTIVATION as an option under common tasks ... I've searched high and low for help with this and finally decided to post here.

It appears I can't activate the product, which makes it useless.

Any help on this? :confused:

Thanks!
6 Replies
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

RE: Total Protection Activation

do you mean "Mcafee Total Protection" (see pdf datasheet on link)
http://download.mcafee.com/products/manuals/en-GB/MTP_DataSheet_2009.pdf

if so then this is consumer software and you are posting on the wrong boards we only do corporate software here, you need to post on the consumer boards

There is also a "Total Protection Service" product for users of between 3-50 machines with hosted security console but I dont think thats what you mean (and its also not supported here)
exbrit
Level 21
Message 3 of 7

RE: Total Protection Activation

If this is "Total Protection for Small Business" then see this sticky: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=217973
dmont
Level 7
Message 4 of 7

Acer easyStore H340 & McAfee Total Protection

I have also just purchased the Acer home server that came with a trial version of McAfee Total Protection Service. Note that this is a "home server" product running Windows Home Server and is not an enterprise or business product.

I have carefully followed any instructions or links trying to find a way to activate, or even buy, this product but there does not seem to be a way to do it. There is supposed to be an "activation" link in the common tasks of the McAfee tab on the WHS console.

It is not there. Nor is there any way to buy the product.

The software came pre-installed as an "add-in" in WHS on this Acer unit. If you go to the add-ins portion of the setup page the McAfee product is not listed as either an installed add-in, or one available to be installed.

Despite this I get frequent warnings that my home server is not protected and the McAfee product needs to be activated.

I am not a stranger to computers. I work in IT with 25+ years of experience, but this product seems determined to make it frustrating to impossible to activate and use.
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 5 of 7

RE: Acer easyStore H340 & McAfee Total Protection

this is the manual for TPS for home server, page 6/7 cover activation and purchasing after your six month free trial has expired:

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/20000/PD20912/en_US/...

This product is NOT supported on these forums though, you have to go through Mcafee

sounds like the addin is NOT installed
bridon
Level 7
Message 6 of 7

Re: Acer easyStore H340 & McAfee Total Protection

Have you found a resolve. I have the same issue, but it seems no one understands this is a home server and is far more restricted in its capabilities to add programs.

Re: Acer easyStore H340 & McAfee Total Protection

Hi,

May I know which version of the McAfee ToPS are you guys using ?

4.7.2 or 4.9 ????

Sameer