cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SaaS applications are not being re-enabled after the 2nd restart

My client is planning to buy this service, but, while testing, I found the following:

The SaaS services are supposed to be updated-fixed 5 minutes after the computer starts. The problem is that, this happens just once a day. I turned disabled all of the tools (Virus and Spyware Protection, Firewall Protection and Browser Protection) and turned off my computer yesterday (05/16). Today, everything was "up and running" 5 minutes after the restart. I disabled all of the tools again and rebooted. Only the antivirus was re-enabled after the restart.

In my understanding, the tool should have the same behavior no matter how many times you restart it and should also happen when you hibernate it.

Environment:

Windows XP Professional

SP3

McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection 5.2.0

¿What do you think?

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards!

El mensaje fue editado por: karinapedroza on 17/05/11 10:03:09 CDT
4 Replies
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: SaaS applications are not being re-enabled after the 2nd restart

Hi,

I read your post.

From your post I see that you have the old version of the McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection Software.

The version of the new McAfee Version is 5.2.1. This error occurs as the old version is not able to communicate with the online Security center console.

Please uninstall the older version and reinstall/download the new version from your online trial account. This will fix the issue.

Regards

Pritish P.

Thank you for the help Pritish.

I downloaded the application from the Security Center and... it was the same as before (5.2.0). I'll try to get the newest version.

Also:

How is the software updated?

Do I have to update manually everytime?

We are planning to install this application on thousands of computers. Imagine thousands of users having to uninstall-reinstall the tool manually (and having to be informed by someone).

I expect the tool to be updated by itself.

Regards!

Hi,

I read your post.

The product is designed in such a way that all the computers will be automatically updated whenever any outbreaks released from McAfee. We also have the option to customize the updates by creating a new policy by logging into the McAfee centralized web-based management console.

Regards,

Raajesh Chella.