cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SaaS 5.2 intermittent problems UpdDlg.exe failures etc etc

After Nov 17th we experienced a number of connectivity issues which proved very difficult to resolve.

SBS 2003 SP2 32bit single CPU. TPS and now SaaS automatically installed.

The first indication of problems where similar to tjos expressed in a related post. Occasional connectivity loss. Shares that where disconnected and/or netweork connectivty problems. Later we started to experience (previously working) VPN connectivity issues.

After a week of searching and trying a host of different potential resolutions I found that SaaS as installed on our XP clients prevented VPN response/authorization validation requests to connect, hence error 721's. Disabeling the firewall and later setting the administrator establishes firewall setup"in McAfee security Center resolved the VPN connectivity issue.

However I still found the SaaS firewall component on the SBS2003 server failing and decided NOT to install this component, instead we rely on the standard Windows firewall. After having made these decisions we elected to reinstall only security centre communication, virus and spyware protection and browser protection on the SBS2003 server, expecting all problems would go away. Unfortunately this is not the case.

We continue to experience UpdDLG.exe failures and stopped services including McAfee secrurity centre.

We are a small business where I own the role of parttime systems administrator. Mostly becasue of the latter did we decide to go for McAfee virus protection solutions on all our servers/clients expecting very little admin attention was needed. It seems this is not the case and I am wondering whether we made the richt choice to go with McAfee.

I woul appreciate feedback from McAfee personell as to when they expect these annoying problems to be resolved.

9 Replies
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Re: SaaS 5.2 intermittent problems UpdDlg.exe failures etc etc

Hi,

I have read your post.

We had a discussion with our engineering team regarding this issue.

We do have a fix for this issue, but you need to contact our technical support department directly for the resolution on this issue.

Please call us directly and we shall help you fix this issue.

Regards

Pritish P.

Pritish,

thanks for your reply. Please let me know who to call as we have no formal contact at McAfee. Also note that we are located in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

Message was edited by: PJSpijkerman on 12/3/10 4:00:19 AM CST
Message 4 of 10

Hi,

I have read your reply.

If you are in the Netherlands, then please call the number 1-800-6247-7463. You can reach the technical support department and we will help you resolve the issue that you are facing.

Regards

Pritish P.

Message was edited by: Pritish on 12/3/10 7:19:10 PM CST

Hi,

I have read your reply.

The 1-800 number you provided does not work in the Netherlands... I have not been able to find any usefull McAfee contact number in the Netherlands other then references to a PAID service number, unfortunately the McAfee website bomb's out when trying to access the relevant page.

In the meantime I still experience daily UpdDlg.exe failures, have not been able to get the firewall component of SaaS 5.2 to work on my SBS2003 environment en am wondering whether my SBS2003 environment is protected at all.

Instead of providing me with e telephone number and the promise that local tech support can help resolve the problem I would suggest McAfee submt the solution  in this forum such that I can apply it asap to my environment and that others experiencing a simmilar problem are helped as well.

In addition, please explain what the impact on my secure enviroment is with UpdDlg.exe failing on a daily basis. Is our server properly protected yes or no?

Thanks in advance.

PJ Spijkerman

Message 6 of 10

Hi,

Please understand that the resolution can be done only by the McAfee Technical Support department.

I have attached the link to the McAfee Technical Support contact details for Netherlands. Please use the phone number that suits your area to contact the Technical support department.

http://www.mcafee.com/us/about/contact/netherlands.html

Regards

Pritish P.

I have read your reply

A problemticket has been openend by McAfee see SR # <3-1329736237>

Since then I have created and sent MER logs on request of an McAfee techrep. I have executed the steps mentioned in KB67510 as prposed by the McAfee techrep.

I have been reminded on a daily basis by McAfee to perform these steps, unfortunately I also have a buisness to run so have not been abe to immediatly respond. However I have yesterday executed a clean SFC /Scannow on my SBS server. To date the problem still persists, and I have responded to SR # <3-1329736237> accordingly.

I have not had any feedback on the MER logs sent in.

Who is doing what outthere???

Message 8 of 10

Hi,

I have read your reply.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We have raised a mail to the concerned department regarding this issue. Since, this is a weekend you shall get a call back on Monday from the concerned department.

Please bear with us.

Regards

Pritish P.

With help from tech support a new version of UpdDlg and and HtmlDlg has been provided and loaded. That seems to have resolved the UpdDlg.exe failures. I understand these new versions will be distributed as an update shortly.

Message 10 of 10

Hi,

Sure, these resolutions are also currently being updated as a KB article in the McAfee Knowledge base after a few tests.

Regards

Pritish P.