cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory leak in mfehidk.sys (and, possibly, other McAfee Drivers)

We have a virtualized Windows Server 2012r2 server running McAfee Endpoint Security:

McAfee.jpg

We appear to have a memory leak in the mfehidk.sys driver:

MemoryLeak.jpgMemoryLeak2.jpg

This results in a need to restart the system every 7-10 days or so.  Looking at this post ( ), I did shut down one service that had 18,000+ handles open.  However, this did not change anything.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Where do I go from here?  At this point, it appears the choice is between analysis of a memory dump (something with which I have no experience), and simply uninstalling McAfee.  Are there any other options?

4 Replies

Re: Memory leak in mfehidk.sys (and, possibly, other McAfee Drivers)

Being from the 'Consumer Side' of the Equation. I am uncertain if this applies, however there were some Windows updates that dealt with possible 'Memory Leaks'.

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Thanks for the tip.  Looks like Windows updates have been selectively applied.  I'll check with our hosting provider (we're co-located) to see why this is the case.

You are quite welcome   However I would follow suggestions as he is more versed in regards to the Enterprise Products.

All the Best,

Cd

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

Hello,

Thanks for posting this . If you can please share your grant ID / NOC E-Mail id , I can have someone from support reach out and collect some info for your system for us to troubleshoot . Please drop me a note at chandan_kundapur@mcafee.com with either of these details and I will have support reach out

Thanks for your time

Thanks

Chandan