Please check your online security center now and update us.
The above issue has now been fully resolved and we are getting reports from all the Customers that their online security center is now providing correct information and all computers are updating correctly.
Please confirm if the issue is resolved from your side or are you still facing the issue.
we have SaaS Endpoint total protection and i want to exclude a drive such as d:drive and folders not to scan during the schedule. Is there any way i could exclude drive and folders not to scan.
Yes, we do have an option to exclude files or folders from on demand scans.
Please follow the below steps to exclude the same.
1. Login to www.mcafeeasap.com
2. Click on the tab policies and click on Add policy
3. Click on Virus and Spyware Protection | Excluded Files and Folders
4. You will have the drop down with Type (with options File | Folder | File extension)
5. Please select the type accordingly and enter the complete path of the file location to exclude them from McAfee On Demand or scheduled scanning.
6. Once you enter all the required files or folders click on next | Apply to selected computers from the list below:
7. You will now get a list of computers installed in your organization and you can select the computer names for which you have assigned the policy
8. Once the policy is assigned to the computer please perform an update in the McAfee software in that machine to apply the policy exclusions locally or it will be done automatically in the next automatic update.
I am having problem with McAfee End Point Protection, some of our Pcs are not getting automatic update for the last few weekd and days, the status of those Pcs says that these Pcs are not protected. The last time Dat date file created was 31/12/2012. Can someone help me this Please. Thanks
The product version which you have mentioned is an older version, please follow the below steps to install the updated version 6.0 and then check for the issue.
1. Log on to the security center fromwww.mcafeesaas.com
2. Click on the tab utilities->select the sub tab Migration & Optimization.
3. Under the Cleanup Utility -->select the download option.
4. Download and save it to the desktopand run this exe to uninstall.
5. Reboot the computer.
Please follow the below steps toinstall McAfee in your computers.
* Open the webpage www.mcafeeasap.comin Internet Explorer.
* You can use any other browser likeFirefox, but we recommend you to do it in Internet Explorer.
* Click on log in and enter your emailaddress and password and login
* Click on the Utilities tab.
* As the first option you can see BasicURL installation, there click on the Run button.
* There you have to select the DesktopProtection and click on next.
* In the next page you can select theprotections that you have to install in your computer.
* After selecting the protection, clickon Click here to install.
* So it will take you to another pagewhere you need to provide the email address or identifier for thecomputer.
* Then click on Continue and you willget button to install.
* Click on Install and it will downloadthe installation file for McAfee.
* After the files gets downloaded, runthe file to start the installation.
* This installation will take nearly 15- 20 minutes to get completed.
* After the installation is completedyou will get the McAfee icon in the system tray of your computer.
many thanks sveerara but the version runing our pcs is 5.4.0 patch1, usually the version upadeted automatically and not need to re-install the product again, secondly Mcafee did not advertise the version 6 yet. I am not sure if that is case why our pcs did not recieve the update from mcafee server.
We would like to inform you that 1st phase roll-out has been completed and the second phase is expected to happen on January 22nd, once it done your computers will be upgraded to version 6.0.
we are infected virus which is call "Trojan.Agent.Gpc", this virus speading very fast and cannot remove, we scan our system and found this trojan, after removing it comes back,my is why McAfee End point protection is not detecting this type of virus and what is solution Mcafee provide in order to remove it.
Also i forget to mention that, we also detected that other virus call"BACKDOORFHI" which means McAfee SaaS End Point Protection is not stopping any viruses.