cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee SaaS

Is there a solution yet to install McAfee SaaS Desktop Protection on windows 10 computers.

We have a lot of customers with subscriptions which we can't install anymore on new computers.

7 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: McAfee SaaS

Edited for clarity and moved to SaaS Endpoint.

I'm not an expert so someone will hopefully answer you soon.

Note the End Of Life (EOL) notice for SaaS: 

I believe it's replacement is Endpoint Security & ePO Cloud (depending on which suite you have) but that's for the experts to answer here.

---

Peter

jcloyd
Level 7
Message 3 of 8

We have this problem as well - it appears that McAfee has made the decision to EOL SaaS Endpoint and instead move us to Endpoint Security 10.0.

Does anybody have a procedure for doing this? Is it the evolutionary product from SaasS? Will our current licenses and grants work?

I have raised a case with McAfee on this and will post back here with any responses I hear...

Best sources of information I found:

McAfee Security Products Reaching End of Life (EOL) which leads to McAfee KnowledgeBase - End of Life for McAfee SaaS Endpoint which leads to http://www.mcafee.com/resources/faqs/faq-eol-saas-endpoint.pdf.

Best information (from the FAQ) appears to be:

Mcafee FAQ Create Free Trial.png

The other piece of relevant information (which says SaaS doesn't support Windows 10)

SaaS Windows 10.png 

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 8

thanks for posting that.  I guess the key words are "will be transitioned to" so it is yet to be seen what will happen.

Once support gets back to you please post what they say.  Thanks again.

jcloyd
Level 7
Message 5 of 8

Yeah - the hole that we (and others) have fallen into is that our current product doesn't support Windows 10 and there isn't a path (that I can find) to get us to a product that does support Windows 10.

Stay tuned...

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Good luck 😉

wmljay
Level 7
Message 7 of 8

Same issue here, any word from McAfee yet?

wmljay
Level 7
Message 8 of 8

I just found this on the McAfee ASAP SaaS site under the 'Utilities > Software Upgrade' tab:

"No new version of McAfee Saas Endpoint Protection is available.  

Version EndPoint of McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection software is available. Intel Security will upgrade your computers after 07 January 2016."

Am I right in thinking that it is referring to a solution to our problem, and will be deployed from today?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community