cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ib-ben
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 31 of 37

Re: Endpoint Security freezing Windows 10???

, is there any update on this?  It's been weeks since I submitted my log files.  Honestly, we are going to have to switch to a different solution provider if we don't get a resolution by the end of Wednesday.  We've been patiently waiting nearly two months.

, I have not heard anything back.

Product is being discontinued.  All my clients are switching.

ib-ben
Level 7
Message 33 of 37

Hi ,

Thanks for the update.  May I ask where you heard that they are discontinuing the product?  Do you have any documentation you could send me on this?  If so, I need to take action ASAP.

To what service are you migrating your clients to?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 35 of 37

One of the probable cause to the computer getting Freeze or stop working is the GTI level. it may be high or medium, you can try by changing it low in the client console

We've all been trying to work out the product roadmap which Intel/Mcafee are traversing down, and it's very confusing.

I understand that SaaS endpoint has been pulled. The replacement is EPO Cloud.

but from an endpoint view i'm very dissatisfied. Mcafee Endpoint Security appears to have been pulled. The version 10.1 which was in beta has disappeared, and the previous 10.0 has been pulled from any grants that I or my clients have.

All this happened when VirusScan 8.8 patch 6 arrived. It was like Mcafee/Intel gave up on Endpoint Security, especially on Windows 10, and moved on .... to what, I'm not totally sure.

The information which Mcafee has provided to the channel about the EOL of the SaaS products has been almost nothing. I have clients calling me asking me what they need to do.

I can't give them answers because Mcafee provides me with blank stares and useless product updates that say nothing.

For christ's sake, Mcafee, you could at least let the resellers know how the migration is going to work - or do you have no idea either?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community