cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endpoint Security freezing Windows 10???

I am testing an epo managed endponit security (hope i remember the right product name) on Windows 10 computers.

One Computer is updated from Windows 8.1, the other one is fresh install.

As epo rollout did not work i downloaded 10.1 and installed manually after the agent.

The first time /days, everything looked fine. Allthough integration in Firefox did not work but i knew this from 8.1.

The last day the new computer started to freeze.

At first i was unable to use the task bar, allthough the currently running application worked fine. After some time the computer freezed totaly. I could not even use alt+tab, ctrl+alt+del or shutdown.

I did some testing an e.g. a running task manager showed activity, than the taskbar hung and than even the task manager window activity froze.

I thought it might be a hardware problem but the second computer started to show exactly the same problems.

After uninstalling firewall, web control and thread prevention both computer work without a problem or freeze.

So i guess, this is no hardware issue and there might be a problem with the Mcafee software.

There's no helpfull information in the system logs and i wonder, if i am the only one with such problems?

Any help or info regarding my problem?

Thx G.

36 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 37

Re: Endpoint Security freezing Windows 10???

Moved to ePO for faster support.

---

Peter

This is the products i am testing

Endpoint Security Platform 10.0.1 Build 3008 Package #1 (Client)

Web Control 10.0.1 Build 3002 Package #2 (Client)

Threat Prevention 10.0.1 Build 3001 Package #1 (Client)

Firewall 10.0.1 Build 3001 Package #1 (Client)

Meanwhile i can say for sure, that at least the fresh installed computer is running since more than one hour without a problem.

Before uninstalling the "Endpoint Security" i could work for max. 5 minutes before freeze...

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 37

Is this Beta Endpoint Security? - You say you are testing it so it certainly sounds like a beta product, if so I can move it again.

The software is located as "test" in epo software manager. I do not know, how this is handled inside mcafee, as there's patches available..

The product is called "McAfee Endpoint Security 10.0".

Meanwhile i can say, that the "freeze" dissapeared also on the updated computer. I now want to see, what happens if i install the products one by one with some time between.

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 37

Moved to SaaS Endpoint as I think that's the best place to get support.

ENS 10.1 should be available in master repository in ePO portal.

you can create a product deployment for ENS 10.1 and assign to the win 10 computer, it should be working fine.

else you need to contact support for further assistance

Regards,

Sivakumar

ib-ben
Level 7
Message 8 of 37

I'm having the exact same issue for nearly a week and a half.  I've done multiple clean reinstall's with no success.  Intel Security has escalated my ticket for this, but I have yet to get any real results from support on this issue.

I did however, notice that a new patch came out yesterday for Endpoint Security 10.0.1.X.  However, I am not able to find the changelog anywhere.  Have you had any more luck with troubleshooting the problem?  Have you tried to install the latest patch that came out yesterday?

Highlighted

i could not yet test the patch.

But i found out, that the problem might come from an update. I have a third computer that worked fine with the software installed.

Today i tried to work with it, it updated and i got exactly the same problem.

After uninstalling the Thread-prevention only, it seems to be stable.

On the other hand i installed thread prevention only to test and i got again a freeze on the "fresh-installed" computer.

I will see, if i can test the patch. Maybe it will solve the problem.

well - endpoint security is still available in my epo software manager.

But i can no longer download it from my McAfee Reseller Security Action Pack.

Instead i can see entries for

McAfee Endpoint Suite Installer - CEB 3.1
McAfee Endpoint Suite Installer - CEE 3.1
McAfee Endpoint Suite Installer - EPA 3.1
McAfee Endpoint Suite Installer - EPS 3.1
McAfee Endpoint Suite Installer - TSH 4.0
McAfee Endpoint Suite Installer - TSI 4.0

Those seem to install epo, sql and more. I did not yet find an explanation on the differences and if ths is the "follow up" for Endpoint Security?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community