cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allowed Internet Application in the Desktop Protecton Policy Not Being Sent to Clients

I cannot mangage client Allowed Internet Applications using the Desktop Protection Policy.  I am trying to globally allow applications by specifying them in the Desktop Protection Policy.  Regardless of what I "allow" there, the application remains blocked on the client machines.  The clients are not being updated with the settings in the policy.

At this point, this "business" application won't allow me to centrally manage client firewall settings.

Any suggestions???

Tech support has told me that it "should work" but haven't offered any solutions.

3 Replies

Re: Allowed Internet Application in the Desktop Protecton Policy Not Being Sent to Clients

Hi,

We need to remote-in to the problematic computer to find the root cause, so we would recommend you to call our Technical Support directly.

Please use the below link to get the right number based on the region,

http://www.mcafee.com/in/about/contact-us.aspx#ht=tab-techsupport

Regards,

Sathish.V

Re: Allowed Internet Application in the Desktop Protecton Policy Not Being Sent to Clients

That's a great suggestion, but I have already called in to tech support twice.  The tech remoted in and agreed it wasn't working.  I'm still waiting on an answer . . .

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, could you please specify what you mean by globally.

Is that you need to allow the applications throughout your environment?

Please let us know the applications names which you are trying to allow.

Note:

Provide the email address in-order to view the policy settings.

Regards,

Sathish.V