cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking emails in Email Protection via the Apptix Hosted Exchange Server

Good evening all,

This will be my last questions before the bank holiday weekend.

I have managed to connect to both the inbound and outbound servers at Apptix, who are hosting our Exchange Server.

However, when I sent an email from my wotk email to my Yahoo! account, it does not show up in the stats within Email Protection.

Do I have to wait for a few days (i.e. Tuesday) before the Email Protection will track emails sent/received from my work email?

Does anyone else have hosted servers outside their company/business, and have been having tracking problems?

Many thanks and a good weekend to all

James

0 Kudos
3 Replies
cascadia
Level 12

Re: Tracking emails in Email Protection via the Apptix Hosted Exchange Server

Greetings James,

Message Audit results will show a delay, typically of 5-10 minutes while the messaging logs are updated and that information can be parsed by the Message Audit module, after which results will be available.

0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

Many thanks for the swift reply, but I don't think I explained myself clearly.

We have a hosted exchange server by Apptix. What we want to do it route all emails via our Exchange Server (with domain maximiseit.co.uk), to the Control Console, so we can manage the email flow.

At the moment, we don't have the maximiseit.co.uk domain setup in Email Protection. I have created maximiseit.co.uk as an alias under the primary domain, in the hope that that will catch the emails, but I'm not holding my breath.

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks again,

James

0 Kudos
cascadia
Level 12

James,

Thank you for the clarification! Looks like the root of the problem is your MX Records for maximiseit.co.uk are not pointing to the McAfee SaaS Filter. These will be listed in the Control Console:

• Click Email Protection
  • Click Setup
  • Click MX Records
  • Select the appropriate region

The recommended MX Records will display, and these will need to be installed with your DNS provider, replacing your current MX record.

0 Kudos