cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lelouch
Level 7

Policies for SMTP service on McAfee SaaS

Hello, everyone!

I using McAfee Saas Email Protection and Continuity, I trying make a rule for deny  restricted users can send email to remote remote domains, but I can't see any tab for this configuration.

scheme:

My domain

l

l-----> privileged users-----Send email any domains  <--- works fine

l

l------> limited users ------- send email only corporative domain  <----- I can't make any rule for this.

Someone try make this?

The best regards,

wtobar

0 Kudos
3 Replies
cascadia
Level 12

Re: Policies for SMTP service on McAfee SaaS

Hi Lelouch,

The SaaS Cloud service was not designed with this functionality in mind, so you're not likely to find a setting on the server that will work appropriately. Theoretically, if you have your system configured to move internal mail from mailbox to mailbox without ever going to the Internet, you can add the users to a group, and configure a Content Policy to deny every character, including a space, period, a-z, 0-9, etc. That may be the closest you can come to, but often it is better to configure users on the server level to restrict sending to the Internet.

0 Kudos
Lelouch
Level 7

Thanks everyone,

This let me work so better in the email traffic.

Regards,

frankm
Level 10

You're asking for a routing feature, some call it a walled garden, that is most likely only configurable from your mail server or from a provider such as Google Apps. Such a feature has been widely used in EDU organizations.

0 Kudos