cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vitae
Level 7

How to UNSpam after using "Delete as Spam" Outlook Add-in?

Last night I was checking emailon Outlook 2007 for work and I got a spam email. I clicked the "Delete as Spam" button, but then accidentally click on an email 2 below that, and it took all three emails and sent them off as spam to 'das@mxlogic.com'

The problem is that 2 of them are definately NOT spam. 1 is from a Sales Rep for my company and the other is from a site which sends me Job orders.

I went to https://console.mcafeesaas.com/ and put both of their email addresses in as "Allowed Senders" but I'd really rather have a way of UNdoing it.

When I get spam, I am never alerted until I get a Spam Quarantine Report email after midnight. No spam is sent to me once I get it. It shows up in the console.

Is the only way possible to take them off the Allowed, wait until they send me an email and then select "Always Allow" or is there another method? Those emails are of a time sensitive nature when i get them and constantly checking for them isn't the easist thing with my hectic work schedule.

Message was edited by: vitae on 3/13/12 7:24:55 AM CDT
0 Kudos
5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: How to UNSpam after using "Delete as Spam" Outlook Add-in?

Moved provisionally to Web and Email Security as a better spot for support.

0 Kudos
vitae
Level 7

Thanks for moving it.

Created the account because I made that error, and was in a panic mode.

Good News is that I have gotten the Job Orders from what I'd "deleted as spam," but the Sales Rep hasn't emailed me so I don't know if that worked.

But I'd just like a way to reverse it in the 1st place. If the ONLY way is by keeping them on the Allowed Senders then so be it. But rather have a reversal

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Well I'm no expert on this so let's hope someone comes along who is.  Good luck ;-)

0 Kudos
kwidhalm
Level 11

E-mail tagged as spam using the Delete as Spam plugin for Outlook is sent to McAfee SaaS along with header information.

Messages are evaluated based on a number of criteria including the sending IP reputation and content.

If a message was mistakenly sent to us for evaluation, it is unlikely that a large change in reputation score will be seen and legitimate mail should not be quarantined moving forward.

If you do see legitimate mail being quarantined, those messages (along with full internet headers) should be sent to falsepositives@mcafeesaas.com for evaluation and rules adjustments as necessary.

I apologize that this question was not answered sooner, and hope this answer is helpful!

This answer, and more are available in the McAfee SaaS Knowledge Base located here: https://support.mcafeesaas.com/mcafee/_cs/FindAnswers.aspx?sSessionID=2B8241285E2F48C1B3F8B7637F87B0...[B

0 Kudos
awosotowsky
Level 9

this is correct.  roughly speaking one can assume that a tad over half of "spam" submissions are legitimate if your anti-spam effectiveness is high (and the saas environment has an excellent anti-spam effectiveness), ranging from everything from personal communications to internal corporate announcements to legitimate newsletters that the recipient has opted-into and now wants to report as spam rather than opting out.  These submissions are all manually examined by messaging research and appropriate action is taken based on that research. 

--adam

0 Kudos