cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atlsky
Level 8

Group Administrator and Quarantine Manager

Jump to solution

In Email Protection, are group administrator and quarantine manager exclusive? I mean, can I assign these two roles to the same user?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cascadia
Level 12

Re: Group Administrator and Quarantine Manager

Jump to solution

Hi Atlsky,

In the SaaS Email Protection Product, only one role may be applied at a time to a user account. Someone may be Group Administrator, or Quarantine Manager, but not both. However, you can create a second account for that person (such as user_QM for Quarantine Manager, where user is their normal user name) so they can execute the other role functions.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
alexn
Level 14

Jump to solution

Please mention version information of your product?

0 Kudos
atlsky
Level 8

Jump to solution

We are using McAfee SaaS Email Protection.

0 Kudos
cascadia
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi Atlsky,

In the SaaS Email Protection Product, only one role may be applied at a time to a user account. Someone may be Group Administrator, or Quarantine Manager, but not both. However, you can create a second account for that person (such as user_QM for Quarantine Manager, where user is their normal user name) so they can execute the other role functions.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
atlsky
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks Brad. I thought of doing that. But that sounds like a work around. Now the users I want to assign different rights need to maintain multiple accounts. I would love to be able to assign users with different roles, without using multiple accounts. Is this something that is being worked on? If you guys can make customizable roles, that would even better.

0 Kudos
cascadia
Level 12

Jump to solution

atlsky,

There is no customer-level customization of permissions at this time, all roles are globally managed. We welcome enhancement requests, so I'd encourage you to contact the organization that supports your product and put in an enhancement request. We review all such requests for feasibility, but cannot gurantee that it will be implemented.

Let me know if you need anything further.

0 Kudos