cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BinghamJA
Level 7

Looking for GUID for Hercules 4.5

I am having a bit of a problem and I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.  I need to wipe a server and re-install Hercules but first I must find the GUID that is located someone on the server so that when I do the install, I can place it back and all of the clients will check back in as active.  The problem is, I have no idea where to locate that GUID.  Yes, I do know that it is in the registry, but, I was told that I need to get the one from SQL, but the did not tell me why.  Thus lies the problem.

If anyone can help me with this by giving me a route to take to locate the GUID, I would greatly appreciate it, more than you will ever know.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ajacobs
Level 12

Re: Looking for GUID for Hercules 4.5

I've moved this to our Risk & Compliance area for better visibility by a product expert.

0 Kudos
arocker
Level 9

Re: Looking for GUID for Hercules 4.5

The entry you need is located in the Configuration table of the Hercules SQL database (named servername_Hercules). In the 'PropertyName' column of that table, locate the 'ServerGlobal.ServerGuid' value. Just to the right is a value in the 'PropertyValue' column. This long string is the Server GUID. This is the only value you need to preserve when moving the Hercules server to another server, or if re-installing everything on the same server.

0 Kudos