cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to manually uninstall Policy Auditor Agent

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I'm having some problems removing the Policy Auditory (PA) agent remotely on a few systems. Is there a way to manually remove the agent from the client.   I'm thinking some command line execuable with the appropriate switches....The obvious removal method via Add/Remove Programs does not work.

Thanks for any insight.

Message was edited by: landmissle on 8/19/11 3:43:50 PM CDT
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to manually uninstall Policy Auditor Agent

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I've see that there have been a few views of this post, so, in case there's an interest, I'll post the reply I received from McAfee support;

. Stop the following services under windows services:

mcafee audit manager service

mcafee framework service

. Stop the following processes in windows task manager:

Pasystray.exe

. Delete the following registry entries:

Hklm\software\network associates\epolicyorchestrator\application plugins\policyau5X00  (where X=some number)

Hklm\software\networkassociates\epolicy orchestrator\application plugins\auengine5X00 (where X=some number)

Hklm\system\current controlset\services\mcafeeauditmanager

. Delete the following directories:

Program files\mcafee\audit manager

Program files\mcafee\audit content update

Program files\mcafee\policy auditor agent

Document and settings\all users\applicationdata\mcafee\common framework\current\policyau5X00

Hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\[48804885.....CCD04}\   <<<<  this should be the correct uninstall entryfor mcafee policy auditor agent 

Hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\installer\userdata\s-1-5-18\588408847.......5DC40\    <<<  this should be the correct installer entryfor mcafee policy auditor agent

Reboot

My notes:  Some of they registry entries may be hard to find depending on which version of Windows you're using (Windows XP vs. Windows 7 for example.) and may not be in the exact location as listed. Navigate to a parent location you can find and then search on the strings givien (viz. 48804885 & 588408847).

In addition, the directories to be removed will vary slighty between Windows XP and Windows 7.

Hope this proves useful.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Re: How to manually uninstall Policy Auditor Agent

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I've see that there have been a few views of this post, so, in case there's an interest, I'll post the reply I received from McAfee support;

. Stop the following services under windows services:

mcafee audit manager service

mcafee framework service

. Stop the following processes in windows task manager:

Pasystray.exe

. Delete the following registry entries:

Hklm\software\network associates\epolicyorchestrator\application plugins\policyau5X00  (where X=some number)

Hklm\software\networkassociates\epolicy orchestrator\application plugins\auengine5X00 (where X=some number)

Hklm\system\current controlset\services\mcafeeauditmanager

. Delete the following directories:

Program files\mcafee\audit manager

Program files\mcafee\audit content update

Program files\mcafee\policy auditor agent

Document and settings\all users\applicationdata\mcafee\common framework\current\policyau5X00

Hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\[48804885.....CCD04}\   <<<<  this should be the correct uninstall entryfor mcafee policy auditor agent 

Hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\installer\userdata\s-1-5-18\588408847.......5DC40\    <<<  this should be the correct installer entryfor mcafee policy auditor agent

Reboot

My notes:  Some of they registry entries may be hard to find depending on which version of Windows you're using (Windows XP vs. Windows 7 for example.) and may not be in the exact location as listed. Navigate to a parent location you can find and then search on the strings givien (viz. 48804885 & 588408847).

In addition, the directories to be removed will vary slighty between Windows XP and Windows 7.

Hope this proves useful.

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community