cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO 5.3 SQL Server CPU 100%

Recently upgraded our AWS instance from 4 vCPUs to 8 vCPUs. Running ePO 5.3 and wondering why the past 3 days @ around 12-1am, the CPU spikes like crazy. It's the SQLServer service causing it, and digging into SQL 2014 Mgmt Studio, it's one query that's causing crazy cpu_time which is:

INSERT INTO PAFileIntegrityEventUserLink (EventID, UserID)
SELECT @eventID, userid from #PA_USERS
WHERE NOT EXISTS
(SELECT EULAutoID
FROM PAFileIntegrityEventUserLink
WHERE EventID = @eventID and UserID = #PA_USERS.userid)

Just curious if anyone knows is there anyway to check what might be causing this? I'm new to ePO, what should I check for to see if it's scheduled each day, maybe updates or something? Not sure how to check how often ePO pulls them. I'm guessing because the table starts with PA, possible something with the Policy Auditor?

2 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: ePO 5.3 SQL Server CPU 100%

What client or server tasks run around that time?  Any changes to policy auditor at all?  That is referencing a policy auditor event.  I will move this post over to them.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Re: ePO 5.3 SQL Server CPU 100%

@cdinet

There are no tasks in task scheduled at that time, nothing that would strain the server. Also when I go to Client Task Catalog I don't see anything under policy auditor. And when looking through the system tree, none of the Assigned client tasks start anywhere near midnight, a few start at 5:00AM. Unless on epo it's using UTC time.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator