Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

The status of benchmark is "Disabled".

Hi,

McAfee Policy Auditor has several benchmarks by default.

It may be a basic question, but I would like to ask anyone.

When I view some benchmarck contents, the status is "Disabled" still. For instance, "Windows SOX Benchmark" as below.

1.png

Do anyone know how to enable the status?

Of course, I already have set "Auto Activate" and "Status" of the benchmark enable/active as below.

2.png

Regards,

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: The status of benchmark is "Disabled".

I've never used the auto activate feature. Have you tried turning auto-activate off then manually activating the benchmark?

-KJ

Highlighted

Re: The status of benchmark is "Disabled".

Most of our compliance benchmarks have several profiles. Profiles allow for a single benchmark document to be used to audit different OS platforms, and allow for rule values appropriate to the platform. i.e. Windows 2008 R2 might use the same rule as Windows 2008, but the actual setting for that rule might be different on R2 than on vanilla 2008. Likewise, rules for a specific platform will vary based on the security needs of the machine being audited. For example, an R2 server hosting a web application on the DMZ is much more at risk than an internal R2 server hosting fileshares, so their security settings will be different.

Your screenshot shows that you are viewing the base benchmark, otherwise called the 'no profile' profile. This profile has all of the rules disabled. But if you use the drop-down to select the appropriate profile, you'll see that rules are enabled.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community