cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPA53 install issue

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a new system with ePO45p4 running on a member Windows 2008 32-bit system. I hadmanually downloaded and installed SQL 2005 Express SP3 as a named instance EPOSERVER in mixed mode authentication. All protection products and other behavior in ePO45 is normal. The system is current with MS updates.

When I try to install MPA53, I am stopped at the Setup Requirements dialog box with a message indicating that I need "McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator using Microsoft SQL 2005 or higher. This is the first time I have used a Windows 2008 32-bit system. I have used Windows 2003 without issues on ePO45/MPA5.x and Windows 2008 R2 with ePO46/MPA53 without issues.

I will eventually also installed Risk Advisor 2.6 whose setup appears to run correctly. I cancel the installation prior to the file copy because I need MPA installed first.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: MPA53 install issue

Jump to solution

Turned out to be that ePO's database configuration was missing the explicit entry for the named SQL instance.

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: MPA53 install issue

Jump to solution

Turned out to be that ePO's database configuration was missing the explicit entry for the named SQL instance.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community