cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

MPA53 install issue

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a new system with ePO45p4 running on a member Windows 2008 32-bit system. I hadmanually downloaded and installed SQL 2005 Express SP3 as a named instance EPOSERVER in mixed mode authentication. All protection products and other behavior in ePO45 is normal. The system is current with MS updates.

When I try to install MPA53, I am stopped at the Setup Requirements dialog box with a message indicating that I need "McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator using Microsoft SQL 2005 or higher. This is the first time I have used a Windows 2008 32-bit system. I have used Windows 2003 without issues on ePO45/MPA5.x and Windows 2008 R2 with ePO46/MPA53 without issues.

I will eventually also installed Risk Advisor 2.6 whose setup appears to run correctly. I cancel the installation prior to the file copy because I need MPA installed first.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: MPA53 install issue

Jump to solution

Turned out to be that ePO's database configuration was missing the explicit entry for the named SQL instance.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: MPA53 install issue

Jump to solution

Turned out to be that ePO's database configuration was missing the explicit entry for the named SQL instance.

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community