Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pono
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

Installing PA Agent 6.5.2 through ePO fails

Tried several times to install PA Agent 6.5.2 through the ePO keeps failing. I was able to install it on other systems, but these 2 systems keep failing?

I removed the previous version from those systems, but that still did not solve the issue.

The message I get from the McAfee monitor is:  Error occurred while installing POLICYAU6000

The task PAA 6.5.2 HBSS has failed.

8 Replies
M0nkeyo1
Level 7
Message 2 of 9

Re: Installing PA Agent 6.5.2 through ePO fails

Any ideas on how to resolve this? 

The only thing we see is the Event ID 2412  "The deployment/upgrade encountered an unknown error".

Boyet728
Level 8
Message 3 of 9

The issue I am having is on Windows 10. Tried to install manually but it fails also. Right clicking setup.exe run as admin nothing happens, nor any log files in user appdata temp folder are created, none in windows event logs so its really hard to determine what is causing the install issues. 

Dailin
Level 7
Message 4 of 9

I am also experiencing this issue, running an install task from the ePO fails, and attempting to manually install with setup.exe results in a nothing occurring and no product logs are created in program data or in %temp%.  If I watch the manual install in procmon, I can see the installer start, and then close after about 10 seconds.  Windows error reporter starts at that point, but just logs an error that the install process terminated unexpectedly.  This is only happening on a handful of our Windows 10 / Windows Server (2012R2/2016/2019) systems, but nothing I have attempted to do has resulted in a fix.  

We are also encountering an issues with the latest PA 6.5.2

We do receive an error message:

"Downloading file from https://<site>:443/Software/SiteStat.xml?hash={19f42226-6fba-11ec1f59-67e25500c0e4} to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\5516B627-147C-40A1-9D48-C1BC7CF17261\SiteStat.xml failed"

Please advise...

mmarti30
Level 8
Message 6 of 9

Not sure if it's worth mentioning but in the Windows Application Event log I see multiple Event 1000's, AKA Application Errors.

--------------

Event Details:

Faulting application name: Setup.exe_McAfeeÏ¿½ Policy Auditor Agent, version:6.5.2.307, time stamp: 0x6166b712
Exception code: 0x00003fd8

---------------

I'm trying to install PA 6.5.2 on a Windows 10 ver. 21H2 desktop.  Other notes, ENS is installed but not enforcing and no other logs are generated during installation.  This is driving me nuts.

Pono
Level 7
Message 7 of 9

After further investigation, on the ePO side it is reporting that the server has pushed the application to the target system, but for some reason it is failing during the install script setup.ini. 

It cannot find the install path, even though it found the same install path from the previous setup.exe script.

I've installed the newest version of DLP on the same system with no issues. 

It seems to be something to do with Windows and the PAA 6.5.2 installer.

mmarti30
Level 8
Message 8 of 9

I might have a possible workaround for the time being.  Use at your own discretion.

The issue appears to be with the "Setup.exe" file located in the Policy Auditor 6.5.2 installation files.  

On my ePO server I replaced/overwrote the PA 6.5.2 "Setup.exe" file with the "Setup.exe" file from PA 6.5.1. 

Here are the exact steps I performed:

1. Copy "Setup.exe" from: 

?:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Software\Previous\POLICYAU6000\Install\0000

Paste (Overwrite) "Setup.exe" in:

2: ?:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Software\Current\POLICYAU6000\Install\0000

I deployed PA 6.5.2 to 3 hosts and it installed without fail on all 3.  The Agent(s) as well as ePO recognize the installed version PA as 6.5.2.

Note: This method also works with local installations.  After unzipping the contents of the 6.5.2 Policy Auditor simply replace Setup.exe with the Setup.exe from the PA 6.5.1 files.

Boyet728
Level 8
Message 9 of 9

tested the local install workaround and works!!
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community