cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

opening port 2078 for webdisk

Hello!  I am trying to open port 2078 in McAfee Security Center to run Webdisk.  The docs say this is done in Firewall -> Settings -> Port and System Services.  No ports show on the list, so I presume I'm supposed to add a new one.

• Clicking on the Add button prompts me for a services name, category, and description.  Can I provide anything in these fields, or do they need specific settings for use with Webdisk?  The input is a text field, with no presets.
  • Below that I'm prompted for Local TCP/IP ports and Local UDP ports.  Should both of these be set to 2078, or just one of them?
  • Finally, the form wants to know whether it should open ports to PC's in Work and Home networks only, or All PCs.  Since I'm opening the port for a web server, I'm guessing this should be set to All PCs.  Is that correct?

I'm running on a Win7 machine.  Thanks in advance for any help!

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: opening port 2078 for webdisk

Sorry never used webdisk so unsure. 2 things to try are

1 edit 1 of the other items in the list of system services in the firewall settings and see what they do.

2. Contact chat (useful links tab above) and see what they say.

If you can try this asap as we have a tech/mod call 3pm CST Monday so if you have still an issue I can ask there.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community