cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Network Discovery and Media Sharing Problems-Lost me as a customer

@csystems: I'm sorry about my solution not working for you. Please pay attention to the fact that you not only need to avoid touching "My Home Network" (older EasyNetwork), but you have to previously delete your EasyNetwork settings by deleting your entire network. This solution does work for me.

@lixiao: I haven't tested your solution yet (since mine works for me), but I found strange using a ipv6 network address for a device which has a working ipv4 network address.

P.S. I will start a topic saying "why I won't renew my subscription", explaining these troubles and new ones I've discovered from time to time.

Adding "fe80:: / 10" solved my network sharing problem.

What does it do?    Does it affect my home network security?

Highlighted
lixiao
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 23 of 23

Some Windows services like UPNP and media sharing might use IPv6 addresses, adding that rule is to allow traffic coming from those IPv6 addresses. If you have a wireless network and it is secured (e.g. strong password and encryption, and/or MAC filtering etc.), this rule is generically considered safe, as it only covers local addresses that can only exist on your local network. Related FAQ can be found at http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101026.

Message was edited by: lixiao on 3/1/11 4:53:49 PM EST

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community