cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 161 of 192

Re: Firewall blocking Youtube video stream.

Well it was just a thought.  I know they are working on it so time will tell as they say.

McAfee Employee mrepuski
McAfee Employee
Message 162 of 192

Hello All,

This is an update on the progress of the patch for this issue. I spoke to the dev team on Friday. The fix is still with QA testing is still progress, so far all is positive.

I made inquires about the release date for next update. I did get responses, unfortunately this is still being planned, nothing new to report here. The current guesstimate of late Q1 is all we have at this time.

Once again I will post an update in a couple of weeks with a status update.

today - as several times before in the past few months since i disabled netguard - i had again problems in youtube-videos, also i also had to do several tries to get websites loaded.

And once again it was the same: the netguard checkmark that i had unchecked was checked on mysteriously. Could it be possible that these settings are reset during the software updates? It is annoying to do the same change again and again.

newjack
Level 12
Message 164 of 192

This is a shot in the dark but do you have the most recent version of Adobe & Java? If you use java.I`m not claiming it is not a Mcafee Issue but I had an Issue in the past a few Times with Youtube.Is your internet connection a good one.You can check your Upload/download times here http://www.speedtest.net/

Also Check That your whole computer is up to date Here http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/

It is worth a Shot.Only takes a few minutes.

newjack schrieb:

This is a shot in the dark but do you have the most recent version of Adobe & Java? If you use java.I`m not claiming it is not a Mcafee Issue but I had an Issue in the past a few Times with Youtube.Is your internet connection a good one.You can check your Upload/download times here http://www.speedtest.net/

Also Check That your whole computer is up to date Here http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/

It is worth a Shot.Only takes a few minutes.

Just to remind: this is not only a problem of youtube. As long as the internet-protection is active i have trouble in loading almost everything within the browser. Youtube streams are interrupted, pictures ar loaded only parially, web-pages are timing out.

Yes, my pc is up to date. And the speed is better than neccessary (in the case of internet connection problems the problem wouldn't disappear by swiching mcafees internet protection off).

On my second pc (one with windows xp, one with windows 7) the problem is also there.

Today internet protection magically switched itself active again... so i could see the error is still not fixed.

and once again, today i had to re-uncheck the internet-protection setting... why is this setting loosing its state from time to time?

And once again i detected this change in the setting by having internet problems in the web browser.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee mrepuski
McAfee Employee
Message 167 of 192

I haven't seen an issue with settings reverting to defaults, I will make some inquires

You are correct the issue isn't limited to You Tube videos. The issue affects high volume network traffic. Streaming video falls into this class of traffic.
Our investigation hasn't found a link to specific hardware, performance levels or OS versions.

Finally you are correct about the release of a fix, it hasn't been released yet though it should be out very soon. Development has completed their testing, the fix is ready for release. Once the fix goes live I will post an update. Most users will receive the update 3 weeks from go live though you can pull the update faster by reinstalling.

sijil
Level 7
Message 168 of 192

Please disable Netguard from firewall settings. If issue persits even after disabling Netguard, please contact McAfee Technical Support.

What is Netguard

This new function uses McAfee's TrustedSource service to maintain a repository of known good and known bad domain names and IP addresses.  If you try to go to a known bad website or address, Net Guard will protect you by blocking the connection.

flogger
Level 7
Message 169 of 192

Thanks for the update. Are there any known workaround for this? How about whitelisting youtube stream at netguard or completey disabling it?

McAfee Employee mrepuski
McAfee Employee
Message 170 of 192

Hello Flogger,

Yes there is a work around. Simply turn off Net Guard. This doesn't impact your security. The firewall isn't impacted by disabling Net Guard.

Steps to turn off Net Guard

1. Double click on the the M icon to open the SecurityCenter
  2. Click on Firewall: on the left side in the middle of SecurityCenter
  3. Click of the Settings link
  4. Click the Net Guard Drawer to open it
  5. Clear the check box for the option "Turn on Net Guard"

White listing the domain is a good idea, unfortunately if wouldn't resolve this issue.

Message was edited by: mrepuski on 10/02/12 5:15:42 EST PM

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community