cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Configure My networks via command line

I am trying to use WSL2 on Win10 to talk to a Multipass VM. Both use Hyper-V virtual switches to talk to the host and outside world. WSL2 uses a virtual switch "WSL" and Multipass uses the default virtual switch. Neither of these are configurable, and both of them have IP ranges that can change (172.18.*.* to 172.22.*.*, etc.). In order for the WSL2 to talk to the multipass VMs I need to both enable forwarding for those switches and to allow both networks in the firewall (or at least allow the IPs of the machines I'm interested in).

Can I control the firewall configuration via powershell or cmd? Can someone point me to the documentation? My Google-foo gave nothing after an hour...

2 Replies
Highlighted
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Configure My networks via command line

Hello @AntonOfTheWoods 

We are sorry that your are facing this problem ..Please try to add the IP address in Firewall settings and check if you are able to access. 

Regards

Magesh J

Highlighted

Re: Configure My networks via command line

Hi @Magesh . Thanks for your response. Actually my question is how I can do this VIA THE COMMAND LINE. I DO NOT want to do this in the GUI but rather using a script. If anyone knows how to achieve this via scripting, or even better, point me to the documentation that explains how, I'd be very grateful to hear about it! Thanks.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community