Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Parental Control Admin Logon

Very confusing issue with the parental controls admin logon.  I've LITERALLY spent about 12 hours w/ Verizon and McAfee tech support about this problem.  They are nice people, but can't figure out what's going on.  I've been using the parental controls for a few years now and for some reason I can no longer access the admin controls to make changes to the settings.  The username and password I am using are correct as both Verizon and McAfee have confirmed.  McAfee has no idea what is going on.  I had to uninstall the program because it is blocking most websites.  I would really like to resume the service, but I can't use the computer because the settings are too restrictive.  I've tried reinstalling the software several times, but the same problem persists.  Has this happened to anyone else?  I wish McAfee would just delete my account altogether and I can just start from scratch.  McAfee tech support is supposed to contact me soon with a resolution so we'll see.  I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar issue?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 20

Re: Parental Control Admin Logon

Sorry I do not use this feature so only have suggestions not solutions

They can delete your account and reenstate it with all software licences unused. You do ythis after cleaning Mcafee via uninstall tool

Reboot then reinstall from your account.

Re the Mcafee tech did any1 say they are escalating the issue and getting a higher level tech to call you? If not best way to go.

Really why cannot you uninstall via the method above and reinstall the delete account bit really should not be necessary.

0 Kudos