cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: mmsshost.exe is using 77% of RAM

It would be incredibly helpful if somebody from McAfee Support would post steps to debugging or tracing their product (mmsshost.exe especially), so we could submit/upload error logs or debugging/trace logs!

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 42 of 151

That is why I am asking for hands up Mcafee usually gathers the logs themselves during a remote session though if you fell capable of doing so yourself and placing the logs somewhere they can access them ask and I will see if they can give you the tools. You would need to run the tools for a while or at least till the issue happens.

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 43 of 151

We have been discussing this issue for sometime now. I would think in my personal opinion, that McAfee Tier 2.5 engineers would prefer to collect logs themselves. I will personally mention your name on Monday. I first noticed this new Process when 16.0.4 was released, and mentioned it in our Call.. However I do not experience any issues. I/We will update you after the Conference Call.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Hi, I have received a call from McAfee about a McAfee toll free number. Since I have volunteered to pass up my logs, is it necessary to call the number?

It will be better if you can post a thread about the ways of  sending logs to you guys so that more users would be able to help together. Its unnecessary paperwork for each user who are facing this problem to call to McAfee. Killing 2 birds with one stone, post a thread please.

Reliable Contributor
Message 45 of 151

You guys we here are users like yourself unpaid slaves .We will ask the tech on the call tomorrow. To log you do need access to Mctrace or another tool and run it until you see the issue.

Alright, I have called to McAfee Customer Service and wasn't able to get any help as I was "transferred to a different region in my country". I searched Google for something called "McTrace" but to no avail. Could you guys be able to give a pure and specific instruction to my private message inbox? I really want to solve this problem and not lose any trust to McAfee. I'm really looking forward in sending service logs to you guys and happy to help.

Your Regards,

RyzenUser.

Reliable Contributor
Message 47 of 151

I have it but best support talks to you re its use.

Chinthanai Selvan P   Can you comment please

A toll-free number would be perfect. I live in Malaysia. The number that has been given from my recent customer service is 1800-80-7643.

Please confirm this.

Reliable Contributor
Message 49 of 151

Ok I am just a user like yourself so Selvan will assist here.

I would be more than happy to have them log into my machine to get the logs.  I do not have access to McTrace or anything like that.  I am not particularly technical o it does not sound like something I can do myself

McAfee Support Mobile App Available
With the new McAfee Support Mobile App you’ll be able to update, close, and view service requests on your mobile device. The app will also notify you when one of our technical support engineers update a service request. Download the Android version from Google Play and the iOS version from the Apple App Store today!