Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 31 of 151

Re: mmsshost.exe is using 77% of RAM

OK when you stable in 1 place post back and teh tech will contact you if he needs more thanks

Hello,

Im having the same issue with the process using all my CPU and i found somethings  that may be of use to support.

My computer was running ok until i got my modem changed this week and this started happening.

So i turned off my new modem and put the old one back up and the process with "mcafee management service" went back to normal. I tryed it with the mobile connetion of my cellphone and it worked as well. After it normalizes, i can go back to the new modem and it stays normal.

Im gessing this has to do with some configuration of my new modem. Maybe its not allowing the program through or something.

I hope this helps and you can fix it.

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 33 of 151

I will pass this on up the Line.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Looks like the problem was not my modem...

I went back to using my old one and after rebooting my laptop, the issue reappeared.

But it seems that it goes away when i change connections. When i booted, i disconnected from my home wireless and connected through my cellphones mobile connection and the processes stopped overloading shortly after that. Weird...

I am willing to help you guys on trying to find whats causing this. I just need to know how and what to do.

Reliable Contributor
Message 35 of 151

Thanks passed your offer on.

Please add my name to your growing list of users experiencing this same issue. My Windows 10 64-bit PC (with all latest updates, including Creator's update) Task Manager shows >= 50% CPU used by MMSSHOST.exe.

Please provide a fix ASAP!

Reliable Contributor
Message 37 of 151

I know this is a broken record but Mcafee needs more users to allow logging of the issue. 3 if possible are the best.

andrewb
Level 7
Message 38 of 151

I booted my laptop this morning using wireless (wifi) for connection to the internet and the problem is not showing.  Previously I had been using wired ethernet connection and always seeing the problem.

Sorry still without time but did find something this morning. Hoping to be more static on Tuesday.

Reliable Contributor
Message 39 of 151

Out of interest what affid numbers are you are showing? Also post the actual Mcafee product to see if I can see anything common .

Affid number in the about option

sarav
Level 7
Message 40 of 151

I have the same problem since yesterday evening. I shut my laptop down hoping this morning it wouldn't be like this. But again MMSShost is using 75 cpu. My laptop usually never makes this much noice, it is very annoying. I have a HP Envy laptop with intel core i7 and NVIDIA GEFORCE graphic card.

Please solve this problem ! The noice and heat is driving me crazy while working...

Knipsel.JPG

McAfee Support Mobile App Available
With the new McAfee Support Mobile App you’ll be able to update, close, and view service requests on your mobile device. The app will also notify you when one of our technical support engineers update a service request. Download the Android version from Google Play and the iOS version from the Apple App Store today!